Date of the next training course not yet defined
The CHIMERE team organizes a training course to teach users to:
- Install the model code
- Understand the code structure
- Perform a CHIMERE simulation and understand the output files
- Generate emission input data
- Perform experiments depending on users' goals (e.g., setup a new domain or play with emission scenarios). Please note that for this personalized exercise session, depending on your needs, you might have to prepare your data in advance. In this case, please contact chimere-training@ in advance to discuss.
at Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
Laboratoire de Meteorologie Dynamique, Building 83, room 83.30.28 (second floor)
- Expected knowledge:
Basic experience with Fortran and Linux. Some knowledge of bash and awk, NCO commands to work with NetCDF files would be helpful
There is no registration fee, and participants will be offered lunch during the three days of the course.
The course takes place at the Laboratory of Dynamic Meteorology (LMD) IPSL, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128 Palaiseau. Access to the campus: RER B 'Lozère' or bus 91.06 from RER B 'Massy Palaiseau' to 'Polytechnique Laboratoires'. The training course will take place in the meeting room 83.30.28 of building 83 (close to building 5). Download this document: way2polytechnique.pdf
- Accommodation Notes:
Here is some accommodation information based on opinions of previous participants.
- Excelsior Latin, a hotel that some participants found quite good in terms of quality/price. It is located in a nice neighborhood of Paris, Le Quartier Latin. Address: 20, rue Cuias - 75005 Paris
- Orsay: Le Moulin de Lily
- Orsay: Hotel d'Orsay. They are quite close to Ecole Polytechnique where the Training Course takes place.
For further questions you can send an e-mail to chimere-training @ lmd.polytechnique.fr.
- A few pictures of previous CHIMERE trainings