The workshop on "Earth and Space Sciences in Europe using Balloons" was held in Hyères on May 27, 2011.
In advance to the workshop, 3 preparatory reports were drafted to express the views of:
- the lower atmosphere (LA) community,
- the upper troposphere/lower stratosphere (UTLS) community,
- the astrophysics and astronomy (AA) community.
The final version of these reports can be downloaded hereunder:
|Lower Atmosphere||Upper Trop./Lower Strat.||Astronomy and Astrophysics|
|LA report||UTLS report||AA report|
Agenda of the workshop
- Introduction (F. Vial)
- Pau follow-on (R. Bonneville)
- Universe Sciences (Th. Encrenaz)
- Upper Troposphere/Lower Stratosphere (H. Oelhaf)
- Lower Troposphere (F. Dulac)
- Balloon Activity Status, Schedule and Zero-Pressure Balloon improvements (M.-A. Clair)
Minutes of the workshop
The CSTB has endorsed this roadmap for a scientific balloon programme as the final outcome of the meeting.