|A multi-scale chemistry-transport model for atmospheric composition analysis and forecast
Current version: CHIMERE v2020r3
- [2022/09]: Wikipedia CHIMERE web pages [FR], [ENG]
- [2022/09]: Documentation "How is the code distributed?" [FR] [ENG]
- [2021/11]: Release of the v2020r3 version
- [2021/07]: Release of the v2020r2 version
- [2021/07]: Release of emiSURF_v2020r3
- [2020/11]: Release of the v2020r1 version
|New functionalities in v2020 version|
- WRF-CHIMERE online coupled model: The model can be used offline (with interfaces for ECMWF, WRF) or online coupled with WRF, for direct and indirect aerosol effects. Please read the WRF public notice
- Natural emissions: with the addition of dimethyl sulfide, new schemes for sea-salt, improvements for mineral dust and biomass burning and addition of NOx from lightning.
- Aerosols chemistry: with the addition of the SOAP thermodynamical model, as well as Volatility Basis Set scheme and the new H2O aerosol scheme for organic aerosols
- Subgrid scale variability: for cells with anthropogenic emissions with several activity sectors, it is possible to have pollutant concentrations for each.
- Vertical transport: Updated strategy for vertical advection of pollutants and implementation of the Despres and Lagoutiere (1999) antidiffusive advection scheme
- Post-doc position: Numerical modeling for hemispheric transport, Escalair project, coord. Romain Pennel,
- Post-doc position: WRF-chimere modelling in mountainous areas (Chile, Alps), Netdesa project, coord. Laurent Menut,
- CHIMERE is an open source multi-scale chemistry-transport model designed to produce (i) accurate analysis of pollution episodes, (ii) daily forecasts of ozone, aerosols and other pollutants, (iii) long-term simulations (entire seasons or years) for emission control scenarios.
- CHIMERE runs over a range of spatial scale, from the hemispheric to the urban scale with resolutions from 1km to several degrees.
- CHIMERE has many different options for simulations which make it also a powerful research tool for testing parameterizations. CHIMERE is a parallel model that has been tested on machines ranging from desktop PCs running the GNU/Linux operating system, to massively parallel supercomputers (HPCD at ECMWF).
- On this server, documentation and source codes are free to access. The model is proposed with a complete environment: global model climatologies for boundary conditions, programs for emissions (anthropogenic with emisurf, biomass burning).
- To learn how to use and modify the model, training sessions are organized once a year
- Online coupling
- Tuccella P., et al., Implementation of aerosol-cloud interaction within WRF-CHIMERE online coupled model: evaluation and investigation of the indirect radiative effect from anthropogenic emission reduction on the Benelux, Atmosphere 2019, 10, 20; doi:10.3390/atmos10010020,
- Briant, R. et al., Aerosol-radiation interaction modelling using online coupling between the WRF 3.7.1 meteorological model and the CHIMERE 2016 chemistry-transport model, through the OASIS3-MCT coupler, Geosci. Model Dev., 10, 927-944, doi:10.5194/gmd-10-927-2017, 2017,
- Model overviews
- Menut L., B. Bessagnet, R.Briant, A.Cholakian, F.Couvidat, S.Mailler, R.Pennel, G.Siour, P.Tuccella, S.Turquety, and M.Valari, The CHIMERE v2020r1 online chemistry-transport model, Geoscientific Model Development, 14, 6781-6811, 2021, .
- Mailler S. et al., CHIMERE-2017: from urban to hemispheric chemistry-transport modeling , Geosci. Model Dev., 10, 2397-2423, https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-10-2397-2017, , 2017
|Download the model|
|Documentation, scripts, publications...|
|Download the source codes and databases, register on the users mailing list|
|Where is used the model?|
The model is used in research institutes and in operational centers for forecast:
- France and Europe with .
- Europe with Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service (CAMS)
- Italy: University of L'Aquila - CETEMPS
- Belgium: IRCELINE
- The Netherlands: KNMI
- South America and Argentina: CONAE
- In France and for specific regions: Airparif, AtmoSud, ASPA, Air Normand
- In Europe and for specific regions: ARPAE Emilia Romagna (Italy)
In order to know about or contact the developers.
|About this web site|